Sunday 24 May 2015

May you never lay your head down...

Ahhh May...my favourite month...nature is just wonderful and in May this wonder is all the more obvious...I can't get out with my Nikons enough during May - when the weather is bad I feel robbed of wild time...but when I am out time stands still...




bird's-foot trefoil...




bugle - normally blue, this is a white form...





guelder rose...




beaked hawk's-beard...






iris bud...





iris leaves...






marsh valerian...





oxeye daisy...






ragged robin...




wood avens...





wild mignonette...





iris in flower...


Well, that was a good start was it not...?  Some lovely plants...and amongst them...




alder fly...




this guy was immobile...maybe a bit cold...





green-eyed crane-fly...






small hoverfly on a grass stem...





noon fly...







nursery web spider...





I found this peacock butterfly on a black board walk...probably basking in an effort to get warm...






snail-eating fly...






...and his lunch...






soldier beetle - looking a little precarious...






tiny spider on a cow parsley umbel...






the beautiful camouflage of this spider was a bonus...I had originally stopped to photograph the plant...






female variable damselfly...

Not a bad week so far...I have also had a few insurance shoots - damaged cars for the insurance companies and their clients...maybe not the most exciting work but a staple and it keeps the money coming in.  I have been updating the usual sites - links to follow...

Big day out planned for Sunday - a Natural History fest around Norfolk taking in a military orchid site, Weeting Heath, Cranfield Camp and Lansdown disused railway...all of which I hope are holding some great species for my Nikons...all will be revealed in good time...


So, to close for this week - here are a couple of landscapes - habitats if you like taken on days when the weather was kind...




a wild-flower meadow dominated by buttercups - in fact three separate species of buttercup - creeping, meadow and bulbous; if you ever walk through such a field check the species carefully...they are not all the same...




A managed river in Ely, with pollarded willows on the banks and floating and marginal vegetation...great for breeding birds and invertebrates; it looks good as well!

And finally some of my latest portraits of my son Quinn...hope you like these...










Now, for those links...I regularly update my Facebook page and my Flickr pages; you can find a more eclectic selection of my images on my Behance and an updated Website is also worth a look. Finally if you would like to buy any of my images a large selection can be found here on Dreamstime.


I hope you all have a good week...stay safe...peace to you all,

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment