Friday 7 June 2013

...but the days they turn into years, and still no tomorrow appears...

Well I have hardly picked up a camera this week... very few pictures taken at all, yet I have been immersed in pixels almost every day. You see, to get the most out of Lightroom you have to import all your past images, catalogue them, make sure they are worthy of keeping, put map data on them and generally sort them. With a back catalogue of over 31,000 images this of course takes time... I feel like I have eyes the size and shape of my laptop...

The major benefit in trawling through my catalogue is that I find all sorts of images I had forgotten about, or ones that needed work - I have spent several happy hours re-working images. In the days of silver-based photography (film that is) I used to love developing and printing my own films  but found working in a darkroom would steal the time - you could start at 6pm and still be there at 6am without really knowing where the time had gone.  The same can be said of computer based post processing (only without the chemicals). I sat down the other morning at 8am with a cup of coffee to do a bit of PP - the next thing I know it's 11:45 and I have to go out... PP - it's the thief of time...

So what images have I found? Well these...



The first image is reflections in a lake of autumnal leaves.  Regular viewers of my FACEBOOK  page will know I can't resist reflections in water - this was one of the first I took. What I have done in Lr is to increase the saturation and colour balance to give the shot more zing... It does make a good desktop...

The second shot goes further back and is a scan of a slide shot with my old Nikon F90X and Sigma 105mm macro lens on Fuji Velvia.  I did a similar amount of work on this as the previous shot but added a vignette to draw the attention to the leaf.  I love the colours and the texture. It looks so unlike the original but is obviously the original at the same time...


I also found a plethora of poppy shots (something else I can't resist) and posted a few on my FB page - they are always popular - must be the colour and the feeling of summer they induce. I will always stop and shoot a field of poppies... roll on the UK...

Actually, I did have a shoot booked this week - with my star pupil (still haven't seen the results of her first pro shoot) but that had to be rearranged as my boy was sick... Sunday and Monday are our last two sessions...

I did take my son out for lunch yesterday and whilst sitting in Marina Mall, I was taken by a fountain - loved the light and the water, so I fired off a few images with my trusty Nikon D2Xs and Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AF-S. Quinn likes this one best...


Just lovely colours...

So, where shall we go in our wander down memory lane? Fujairah I think - when we went there last year we witnessed the extraordinary spectacle of Bull Butting - here farmers from all around bring their Brahman bulls down to lock horns and decide who owns the strongest bull... A 150 year old tradition introduced by the Portuguese so they say...


Bulls are tied up in the car park awaiting their own battles...



Dust is kicked up by passing contestants, their owners and spectators...

 

In the shadow of 21st Century high rise - let battle commence...

I also found this shot from our trip to Oman - just as an after thought really but I love the solitude of this guy out fishing...


And finally, for my Aussie friends (we won't mention the Ashes yet) here is an image of an icon...



So I hope you all enjoyed this - I may have some new images for you next week... lets's hope eh? I also may have another shoot at a hotel on Dubai (if that happens...)


Keep up to date with me HERE and give me a like if you haven't already...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment