Sunday 22 February 2015

An unexpected stay...

Well, that was an interesting week...it all started with Lucy and Quinn heading off to South Wales and then Bath for a few days, leaving me to catch up with some shooting time here in the Fens...I then travelled up to York to meet up with them and a funeral...we then went over to Scarborough to see my folks...initially for a day or so; this actually spread into three and a half days before driving back this morning...I have managed some shooting time but no computer based processing etc...consequently I am late with this blog and way behind with post processing...it looks like a long night is in store... nearly 300 images to process and this blog to write...

 So what have I been shooting? Well at the beginning of the week I managed to get down to Wicken Fen...and out and about in Ely at dawn...
























































So, not that unproductive really...on top of that I did manage to keep up with my target of uploading to Dreamstime (as I said last week) looking back on the archives helped here but they will run out soon...let's hope the weather picks up and I can get out for some early spring shots...I have also managed to upload regularly here - my Flickr site which is getting more and more hits...please feel free to stop by and have a browse...let me know what you think...and of course I have been posting here.. as always...you are more than welcome to give me a "like" if you feel so inclined...

As for the shots from York and Scarborough - you will have to wait for those - all in good time...they will be probably featured next week (they will be on the Flickr and Facebook should you feel the need to see them...)

And - now to the little technical feature that I have started... this week I shall say a little bit about...

this...




My Nikon D2Xs...I actually have two of these plus...one of these...




A Nikon D200 + grip...

The D2Xs bodies are 12MP sensors; when shooting in RAW each file is approximately 15MB in size; the D200 is a 10MP sensor which gives a RAW fie size of about 12MB...yep...not a big as the current crop and in many ways the bodies being old are no where near the standards set by their replacements...low light performance is poor by comparison as is buffer size, memory size and various other defects...However, if you work within their limitations and are aware of them then they return some stunning images...sure I would love a D4 or one of the D800 series and maybe that is where I will go next...but at the moment the bodies I have serve me well...built like tanks and more than capable...great value for money as well...check them out if you need pro quality gear...

An that about wraps it up...keep checking out my sites for regular postings...hope you all have a great week...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment