Saturday 19 October 2013

So the days they turn into years...

Happily the client at the health club likes the pictures - "brilliant" is the word used in his email; which is always a bonus... With that in mind I shall post a few of the images I took... just so you can see the sort of thing I can do and what people pay me to produce... A far cry from the wildlife/nature images of recent posts.

I arrived at the club at the agreed time and fortunately was given a free hand to shoot when and where I liked. Club members and staff had been warned before hand so there were no problems.  I had several locations to cover but had allowed enough time to ensure I captured them all.

I started in the creche - mainly because it was empty at the time and I could just get it done and move on. I liked this room as the colours and subdued light gave it a pleasing feel...


Next was a spinning class - I have never heard of this but it looked hard work... some of the clients thought so too...


I then moved onto the main room with the equipment and set about capturing the feel of the room and people using the gear.. I wanted to make the room look inviting, sporty, well equipped and accessible...


Slow sync flash showed the movement of this runner...



I like the low angle of this shot... gives the room height and space...
 This has an industrial feel to it...

After that I moved down to the Spa - when I arrived it was empty, however a young lady came in and very kindly agreed to be a model for the shots... Thanks Carol...


I chose the letterbox crop to emphasis the size of the room and give the space room to breath...

I also had some help from a guy using the gym...


Thanks for that who ever you are...

So the whole shoot was fun to do and I like the pictures that resulted...

By mid week I was then to be found standing in the pouring rain n a country park helping to supervise some school children doing some orienteering... Luckily close-by were some nice autumnal leaves...



I find it hard to resist autumn colours... their subtlety and variety never cease to delight...


Beech mast...

Rainy weather is a good time to photograph this sort of thing as the colours become more saturated... if you want good colours in plants, shoot under leaden skies...  If, however, the sun is out, get out early, make use of the golden time and look for this sort of thing...


Back lighting... brings out great detail on the worn and weary alder leaf...

So, that brings us to today... cloudy, dull and misty... (song by Cole Porter I believe) and I have a child's Halloween party to enjoy tomorrow... joy...

Follow my postings HERE and hope you all have a good week...

TTFN...




No comments:

Post a Comment