Saturday 5 October 2013

...village green preservation society...

Well, I woke up on Friday morning and suddenly realised that not only had I not taken any pictures for a few days, but I hadn't got a clue what to do for this weeks blog... No pictures, no idea... Hummm I thought what to do? But then more paper work and mundane things like that loomed so another day passed...

This morning (Saturday) I had to face the fact that I still hadn't got a topic or pictures. Then it occurred to me that although I had done a piece on Ely, I hadn't introduced my new village to you all... So, once Saturday morning chores were out of the way I walked out from my front door to see what the village of Wicken had to offer...

Well, you have all seen the shots of the Fen and some of the wildlife in these blogs during the past few weeks, but the village itself is a delight... If you escape the busy road that runs past my front door, you pass into a lovely mix of old houses set around typical village greens (yep it has at least three greens). It also has a pond...


Village pond with some of the residents...


Picture book houses reflected in the murky waters...


Village green... this is the one directly across the road from my house - my office looks directly at the red car. In the distance is the local...


White picket fences and thatched roof... archetypal Englishness...


House with a duck pond view... or duck house with a cottage view... The weeping willows add some majesty to the surrounds...


Re-thatch...


Once autumn gets a hold this house should turn red as the creeper reveals its true colours...


Outside my window... hey guess what, the mill is open!


Village notice board... somethings never change...The  butterfly is a recurring theme throughout the village and can be found on notice boards and village signs...


Unfortunately there isn't a theatre down here...


Tonight... the village will be rocking...

So that's the village... picturesque and a a delight to be here. I will repeat this with different shots in the depths of winter...

So, what have I been doing all week? Well sorting out the business, drawing up accounts, deciding to change my phone and then deciding against so by cancelling that... and booking a new shoot for next week... The Atrium Club in Ely has booked me to shoot some promotional images for them to use in literature and on their website. First job since coming back and hopefully the first of many. Also I have been invited to join a group of businesses in Cambridge; this could also lead to more work... Bring it on that's what I say...

And that is about it... hopefully next week will be more productive.. calendar has an hours shoot scheduled for every day - need to do a pack shot...

Updates HERE more information HERE and you can follow me HERE.

So for this week...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment