Sunday 15 December 2013

They vanish right into the air...

FOG!!! Yep, the week down here in the Fens has been marked by fog... that and a day of rain... pretty frustrating for a photographer... The only real frustration was during the tutorial on Wednesday as the shoot session was planned for this week... We ventured forth with a forecast that promised brightness by mid morning - this didn't happen, so we had to contend with water vapour that hung in the air like a cloak... I will be seeing my pupil's images next week... here are a few of mine...



Industrial landscape... play Misty for me!


I like the way the boat seems to float like the bird - on air...


A rower from Cambridge University...

There is an ethereal feel to the images and the lack of colour just reminds me of a quote by Van Gogh "There are no colours, only shades of grey" Looking at these, he was right... although when you move away from landscapes and start looking at the details, you can get rich colours... dense shades of grey...


With strong sun on these leaves the colour would be washed out...


I like the three cygnets swimming line-astern... on the look out for food...

I failed to get out with the camera until today... I did manage to get an advertisement into the local paper though...

 so you never know...

So today I managed to get out and about... only had a few minutes though... but captured this...


I just love the bokeh on this... and the light through the seed heads - for those who are interested, the plant is cock's-foot (Dactylis glomerata). We shall see what tomorrow brings... I did however have a look at our Christmas tree. I do this every year... just for a bit of macro fun...


 Apart from all that I had an enquiry that came to nothing (weep sob) and some other interested noises that may or may not come to something... let's see shall we...

That about wraps it up for this week... a bit quiet... let's hope for some decent light in the next week... check for updates here...

RIP Madiba...



TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment