Sunday 8 December 2013

It's Comin' on Christmas...

Yep, as Joni put it... "They're puttin' up trees..." The festive season is fast approaching... all that merriment, mince pies, booze, office parties etc. is just around the corner... I trust all of you out there have bought all your presents etc? No, well neither have I, although three arrived for Quinn yesterday... Good old Amazon. I wonder if in years to come Father Christmas will be replaced by our favourite on-line good supplier... humm. The outside's of people's houses instead of illuminated little men in red suits will have a big blue A...

Personally I would miss this...


I love all that tinsel, baubles, glitter etc... I think today is the day we put up our tree... pine needle time again.

So, what else has been happening? Well the big news was the tidal surge along the east coast. Many years ago I lived and worked on a nature reserve near The Wash called Gibraltar Point... still my favourite place and harbour of many happy memories. Two very good friends of mine live there and have had to watch as the inundation from the sea over topped the sea defenses and flooded the site... My best wishes to them... A similar story exists all along the Lincolnshire coast where many more wonderful reserves have been damaged... I hope it won't be long before Gib is looking like this again...


Of course the main sadness of the week was the passing of Nelson Mandela... may he rest in peace... wouldn't it be nice if other world politicians learned some of his humanity...

Back to photography... I spent an interesting day in Cambridge doing a bit of street shooting...


market stalls... always colourfull...


I love the posters on the railings...and of course the bikes...


some sort of political message perhaps?


street trader stall... I didn't even know you could still get bowler hats...


hummm... what to see tonight...

and on the way back, I stopped in Ely...


found a swan...


and managed to capture this decisive moment!

Yesterday, we had a great day out in London at Tate Britain... superb art and a stunning building...





The Art Critics...

Well, that about wraps it up for this week... hope you like the pictures... regular updates in the usual place of course... I wonder if the snow will come for Christmas? I hope not, our boiler is playing up...

See you all next week...

TTFN

Alex





No comments:

Post a Comment