Sunday 19 January 2014

Isn't it nice to be home again...

It's been a frustrating week to be honest... Quinn has been at home all week with chickenpox so photography opportunities have been few... and to cap it all, he has been taken off to Stratford by his mother and God-mother to see a play - this gives me loads of spare time and a nature reserve within walking distance... typically the light is rubbish and this morning it is raining! I may get out later but I'm not counting on it...

However, the week did have some good points... Quinn got better and is his old self again, once the spots have gone...secondly, I have finally picked up my old camera bag from a mate in Coventry... I couldn't bring it back from the UAE due to weight restrictions so I had to leave it with a fellow photographer; her husband was coming to the UK later in the year and he kindly brought it over; it has been taking up room in a friend's house since August... Welcome home...Lowepro Stealth Reporter D550AW


My favourite shoulder bag and indispensable when shooting weddings or events... Great Bag...

Well... did I get out at all? Of course I did... I went for a wander around the fen yesterday afternoon... admittedly the light wasn't favourable but I had to go... I was experimenting with some bird photography... tricky without big expensive lenses; I have to use hides and hope the birds come close...
What I ended up with was...


Mute swans (Cygnus olor) starting to defend territory... a sure sign that spring may not be that far away...


Wigeon (Anas penelope) and shoveler (Anas clypeata) flying over fenland...


Pair of mute swans...

 

In addition to birds I was as ever looking at habitats...


Lovely mosaic of habitats - open water, reed beds, damp, rough grassland and wet woodland...


Similar range of habitats but I like the stripes of colour here... golds and yellows with the purple of the birch woodland and the aquamarine/grey of the sky...

Looking back to the archives... I have found a few shots that can be processed slightly differently...

A couple of ornamental plants from the UAE...



The final bit of good news is that I have finally regained control of my FLICKR account - there were problems as I had stopped using the old email address and couldn't reset the password... Yet another place to view my pictures...of course the main place is HERE... FACEBOOK so don't forget to give me a like if you like... Office now set up how I like it... second screen for the laptop making editing images easier...

Still miserable outside... maybe clear up later... hope you all have a good week and I shall see you all next week...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment