Friday 14 February 2014

But never have I been a blue calm sea...

And another week comes to a sodden end... the southern half of the country is awash and the northern half is being blown inside out... the east (the bit in which I live) gets the dregs of both worlds... just enough to  make us feel part of it, but suffering half as much...  This all means I have been stuck in front of the laptop all week... filing pictures, marketing, promoting, networking and sorting pictures... I think my trusty Nikon will be wondering where I am... He is sitting patiently under my desk ready to come out and play... soon, old boy, soon...

I have finally got the WEDDING WEBSITE out there so please feel free to have a look and tell me what you think... the REGULAR WEBSITE is still out there but is in need of some editing... maybe next week... and of course my FACEBOOK page is constantly being updated...  as of course is my FLICKR site... you are all welcome on all sites so feel free to drop by...

This all means that the pictures I have for you this week are from the archives... I hope you like them as I do... they bring back memories of great shoots and good times... of stunning light in abundance, fantastic subjects - beautiful people and places...

What do I have...?


My beautiful boy Quinn - aged 4 above and 2 below... I love the stare... the meet my eyes look he gives... open, friendly, innocent - just as a child should be...




The next selection are from the UAE...








The three shots above are from a family portrait shoot I did out in Abu Dhabi with a delightful couple and their two children... It was a gorgeous hour or two spent with them on our beach... walking, playing, running in that lovely heat (boy could I use some of that warmth now...)... The bottom group shot was my favourite from the shoot... more because I like my processing here - the muted colours give it a traditional feel... of past times... of film cameras... of a picture left to fade on an old piano... ahh... whatever did we do before nostalgia...?

The next selection are from a similar family portrait shoot I did also out in the UAE... different light, but just as much fun to shoot...





Once again the last one here is my favourite... Abigail is lovely to photograph, but this one where she is almost unaware of the camera has a lovely, natural feel to it...unposed... relaxed... The light is delightful, just highlighting her hair and the tones are soft...

Another couple from the Middle East now... another side of the country... one many visitors don't see...



Workers clothes and alloy wheels... taken separately but intended as a pair...
Taken in the industrial city of Musaffah...colours and light inspiring... but not the rich man's play ground to which many think Abu Dhabi is restricted...

One other from the gulf is a fun one... I call it wooden signature...


The shadow of the small piece of wood to me creates a signature on the stone beneath...

Looking further back in the archives I came across a family portrait shoot I did three years go at least... another lovely family to work with... but this time in a completely different location... a small farm in North Yorkshire... I really liked shooting these as the light was a challenge but the people a delight...








A lovely series that has benefited from more up to date processing techniques...

If any of you are missing my nature shots... here is one for you also from the archives...



Tufted vetch (Vicia cracca) a common wild flower and one I love to photograph due to the colour and the patterning on the petals... I'm sure I will post more shots of this species during the summer (if we ever have one...)

I have a meeting next Wednesday which could lead to some work so wish me luck with that - you never know what will happen with a positive mental attitude...

Valentine's day is here of course - hope you all have an enjoyable weekend and you didn't forget the card/flowers/chocolates/wine...

TTFN...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment