Saturday 22 February 2014

From the sounds inside my mind...

Well, that is a year of blogs that is... this is #53 so one a week for a whole year... well I never... I hope they have been enjoyable and you have all enjoyed the pictures and the trials and tribulations of a photographer trying to make his way in this car-crash economic world we all inhabit... Let's see what the next year brings...

It's been an interesting week - one that may prove to be fruitful commercially and hopefully one that is the beginning of the end of the appalling weather the UK has been hit with. I know I go on about the weather but as a photographer who loves to spend his time shooting outside the never ending rain and wind is depressing...and it means I have to revisit my archive for new and interesting shots for you all... Facebook is a hungry beast - it needs feeding on a daily basis...as is Flickr...  Luckily I did manage to get out and about once this week... a family day out (half term you know) to Aldeborough on the Suffolk coast - where Quinn got to fly is first kite...


And then Lucy took him off for an hour or so and I got to take a few pix...




The old mill...



I was taken with this beach hut... so I took a few and played around in Lightroom...





I think the third is my favourite...


I also liked the boats...




The monochrome version was requested and is probably my favourite of these...

So... what else has been happening? Well, I finally managed to get to a Networking meeting early on Wednesday morning... A really good way of meeting other businessmen and women and getting your name out there. Unfortunately the meeting time is just when I can't... middle of the school run and all. However, this week I did make it and the people there couldn't have been friendlier - even though I can't find the time at the moment to join I hope they will remember me should any photographic work be required - I certainly know now where to go for an accountant, or a builder, or a carpenter, or a copywriter etc. etc.... Talking to them reminded me that I need some more portraits in my portfolio... I have shot many but not enough seem to be prominent enough on websites, Facebook or Flickr. So I had a look through my archive for suitable images. Now many of these were taken long before I started to use Lightroom so some new post processing was in order. Coincidently. my very good friend and fellow pro photographer, Vicky Akbik who works out of Abu Dhabi (brilliant family photographer - if you are out in the UAE and need some quality family shots look her up) kindly sent me some new preset brushes for Lightroom - these designed for portraits - so both things dovetailed and I was able to have a play with some older images..

These three taken for a local school...





























The first two are from a shoot I did for a real estate agent in Sharjah - formal but friendly... they asked for the grey back ground although I may have preferred white... Simple three-light set up in the office... All I need is a plain wall with six clear feet in front and room at the sides for the light stands.


The girl below was shot for  school in York as part of a prospectus shoot I did...




The two almost identical images above are of the Manager of the Real Estate Agent in the UAE - just as an example of how colour or monochrome is available depending on what is required...

I was also able to have a play with one of my favourite shots of Lucy...


And of course, whilst looking through the archives I found a few old landscapes and street scenes that you may like as well...


Old town Muscat, Oman...


Fisherman in Oman...



Whitby harbour at night...

Finally, we had some visitors last weekend - some dear friends from Yorkshire who delighted in the Fen and had a great time wandering the streets of Cambridge - these occasions never last long enough do they. But the weather (yes the weather again) was kind and I caught a couple of views whilst out and about...


Both shots...King's College, Cambridge University, Cambridge UK


And last but hopefully not least, a final shot from Aldeborough - my son's kite against the sky... What do you think?



Hope you all have a good week... don't forget to follow me on Facebook or Flickr or on Twitter or even on LinkedIn of you use that. I also have two websites - my standard one or my wedding one have a look if you feel so inclined.

Hope to see you all next week,

TTFN...




No comments:

Post a Comment