Saturday 8 March 2014

Birthday...

It's come around quick hasn't it?  Well, that is because last weeks was a tad late and if I don't write this one now it will also be late... and yet another interesting week in the life of Alex JP Scott Photography working from the heart for the fens...

More of those oh so exciting insurance shoots have come in although interestingly two of them that didn't happen as the "client" had no knowledge of any insurance claim... hummm... and I did manage to get out finally in something that approached spring-like weather. A novelty as it nearly always snows on my birthday (which was the 6th if you want to put it in your diary for next year... only things with Nikon written on the box please!)

So what did I capture? Well these...



Male chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs)




Fenland willow (Salix spp.)


Ice and wood




Lesser celandine (Ranunculus ficaria)




Mute swan (Cygnus olor) - always make a good picture in the sun...






Redpoll (Carduelis cabaret)





Violet (Viola spp.)... and those aren't too bad for an hour or so out... I also captured this, which I like...



A feather from a swan plus some dew...


All so different from a year ago...and what was I taking this time last year?  Well pictures like this...


Abu Dhabi from the fish harbour...




A street candid from the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi


and my friend and fellow pro photographer Vicky Akbik - makes a decent model as well as a great photographer!!



Also, after a trawl through the archives... I found a few oldies to reprocess and share...



Couple on the beach...




Rather sinister clown statue...




Roses...



Wind pump...




Tiger blue butterfly (Tancus rosaceus) -

one of my favourite ways to spend an evening, post processing old images... making something new from something old... what a way to soak up the hours...


Now as my birthday treat (did I mention it was my birthday - on the 6th March?) I am going to see the David Bailey exhibition in London. He is one of my favourite photographers and one of the most influential... Bailey, Duffy and Donovan completely changed photography... without them where would we be I wonder...


Here is one of my shots with some Bailey influence...



Roses...

I trust you all have a good week and if you can keep up with me HERE or HERE or if you like have a look at MY WEBSITE or THIS WEBSITE - whichever it will be good to see you...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment