Friday 19 July 2013

Standing on the beaches, looking at the peaches...

Well the British summer continues and continue to bask beneath virtually unbroken skies in temperatures that are apparently making Mexico seem cool. So, with all this unbridled sunshine what have I been doing? Interestingly enough I have been completely re-designing and publishing a new website - I know you have all been sent links etc. - but here is a link to it as it stands... Website - if any of you have ideas for changes let me know...

And have I been out with the Nikon? Of course - I am working on a series of images called The British on Holiday - Scarborough is a pretty good place for that -


Regulars to my Facebook page will recognize some of these studies of South Beach and its temporary residents...


Standing on the beaches, looking at the peaches...


Most of these in my typical muted, contrasty style; just occasionally I throw in a more typical image...



We just don't always do the right thing - even for want of trying...



...but we do have to eat...


Not everyone gets to bask in the sun... some have to work...



whilst some sleep...



Where's Wally...?

So, after doing all that, we have been staying in York and enjoying our home city (well Quinn's home city) - great place...



... and of course we stayed with one of our closest and most trusted friends...

The best news of the week was that we have secured our house in Wicken - near Cambridge - as far as I'm concerned being next to Wicken Fen (and I do mean next to) is the highlight - I can get out and shoot the wonders of the Natural World every day... now that is a result. So we need to finalize a date for moving in and just ... move in... Stay tuned for pictures from there on a regular basis.

Now we need to find a car - Lucy has her eyes on a Saab at the moment... Let's hope that goes according to plan.  From tomorrow We are house sitting for friends up here in the Yorkshire Wolds - a farm house so plenty of photo opportunities there - stay tuned for that.  What a week...

Keep your eyes on my website as it is likely to change as I tinker with the layout. Any comments would be welcome, especially if you are having difficulties in reading it...

With that I shall bid you all a great week - if you are in the UK enjoy the heatwave, it will be gone soon...

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment