Thursday 25 July 2013

Country roads, take me home...

Well, we certainly get about... for the next 3 weeks we are house sitting in a delightful place in the beautiful Ryedale area of North Yorkshire... I have been instructed to put this right after my erroneous post last week... Sorry Frances.

The week started with us staying with good friends in their lovely farm - company wonderful, food likewise - relaxing and fun. I even got to watch some cricket - well kept Frank... They also run a B&B and I took some promotional shots for them...

Separate accommodation from the main house - I slept in here - so comfortable and peaceful... just the cry of owls and the dawn chorus for company...



small details make all the difference...


your own private terrace...


and a comfortable bed...

Keep an eye out for their website - I shall post a link when they are up and running.

From here, we moved down the road to house sit a beautiful old farm house... the next three weeks are full of relaxation and peace - mainly because we have no internet access or mobile phone signal, talk about feeling cut off... This blog comes from my parents' house in Scarborough, who knows where next weeks will come from... The peace and solitude will be broken of course by trying to sort out things for the move to Cambridge - Lucy picks up her new car today and we collect keys, pay deposits etc. on Monday. We are also having a party for Quinn next Saturday & Sunday... peace? Don't make me laugh!!!


this is where we are staying for the next three weeks...

I have already had an afternoon looking at butterflies in the garden - here are a couple...


Just a couple of portraits of a small tortoiseshell butterfly on lavender... post processed in Lightroom...


Finally, for the day yesterday we visited a local Castle - some prospects for photography...


Hope you have liked this weeks blog - as I said Facebook will be sporadic but you can always have a browse on my website if you want...

I (hopefully) will post another next week...

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment