Thursday 22 August 2013

So now comes the tricky bit...

You know, it's easy to do all the talking about setting up a business but now comes the real deal... so I have been busy placing advertisements all over the place and sorting out the tax man etc... The office is coming along nicely, most things have been filed away, spreadsheets updated etc., plus a 5 year old entertained and a new house to be put in order... On top of all that I have to find time to go out and take some pictures would you believe!!!??  I have managed to take a few, but this blog maybe a tad light on new images - apologies for that...

So, what have I been taking? Well mainly wildlife in the garden - it's been ages since I had a garden to play in - well one of my own anyway and the novelty hasn't worn off yet... Plant portraits abound with the occasional invertebrate...


Small tortoiseshell butterfly caterpillar feeding on stinging nettle...


Small garden orb spider in the process of web building...


Gladioli - just gone over now, so a mass of pink-orange petals with no real form but a delightful mess of colours...


European honey-bee - suffering a population crash - I hope they don't disappear otherwise we are in trouble...


Roses going over - I love the textures here as well as the colours..

I have also been looking at pictures from the past as I have to promote myself to prospective clients - I have been posting a few HERE but here is another... Formal Staff Portrait...


Lighting from the side and the front with a third light illuminating the background. Nikon D2Xs + Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AFD ED; speedlights - 1 Nikon SB-700 and 2 Nikon SB-600 stand mounted - the SB-600s were shot though umbrellas to give a softer light.  The shoot was set up in the office of the client in about 10 minutes and the last shot taken half an hour later.

I've also picked out a couple more portraits I shot a few years back...


A bride from a wedding I shot in 2011 - she was a dream to work with; lovely face and expression. Nikon D200 + Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AFD ED + camera mounted Nikon SB-600 speedlight fitted with a diffuser to soften the light plus I was about 10 feet away, making the light softer.


Different style here - a young actor looking for images for his book. We tried different looks - this one mean and serious. Nikon D200 + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AFD + camera mounted Nikon SB-600 speedlight. Here I took the diffuser off and was much closer to the subject giving the harder light... I like this one - there is just enough light to prevent his hair disappearing into the background...

These are the sort of shots that will help bring in work I hope plus this kind of thing of course...




Pictures of beautiful people are always commercial...

Nikon D200 + Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AFD ED + camera mounted speedlight Nikon SB-600...

Well, that about wraps it up for this week - I have a shoot at the mill this weekend - environmental portraits etc. plus it is the village flower festival over the three days of the bank holiday so I hope to get some cool shots there.

Hope to see you all next week

TTFN...



No comments:

Post a Comment