Friday 2 August 2013

...to the place I belong...

Really enjoying being back in the UK - the green, the plants, the insects, the birds, the blessed cool... As you may know we are currently house sitting at a truly gorgeous farm house in Yorkshire and I have been having a whale of a time shooting plants and insects in the garden... There were some images last week and there will be some more this week - sorry for the repetition!!

It all starts early in the morning - being an early riser, I'm usually up by 5:30am at the  latest - this is time for quiet contemplation, a cup of coffee and a gaze out of the window.


Early morning light and dew...

The dawn chorus is up and running - the biggest delight at the moment is watching the swallows that have recently fledged practicing their flying. Yesterday as I sat by the kitchen door, early morning mist filling the hollow where the stream runs I watched a roe deer grazing amongst the cherry trees... it doesn't get any better...


The gardens in mist...



The barns - a place where swallows breed and my little boy plays...


Lovely late afternoon light through the barn doors...

So in addition to doing all that, I have been working on my business plan and planning for the re-launch of my business - sometime in September I would think... But every time I sit at the laptop I get distracted...


...by bees...



...by snails...


 

...and by fungi...

I have also been experimenting with stacking images - this is where you take several images of the same object - each one with a different point of focus and then blend them together. This gives a much sharper picture...


in addition I love the colours in this cushion fungi against the apple trunk...

Finally I did an interesting conversion the other day...

Initially I captured the flower of meadow crane's-bill...


this is how we see it... blue with some faint lines leading to the anthers and the nectary.  However, when this is converted to Infrared - which is how bees see, it looks like this...


The runways are much more obvious as is the target...

So roll on Wicken and our new life in the Fens... of course pictures will follow although there may not be a blog next week - who knows... keep an eye on Face Book and let me know if you like my pictures; also I have a Website which has my new contact details...

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment