Tuesday 20 August 2013

There's an old mill by a stream...

Although to be fair, it isn't by a stream... Yep, we have finally moved into our new house - well "new" rented house that is... In the lovely Cambridgeshire village of Wicken, right next door to Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve - couldn't get any better for me really or my boy for that matter; it's just my wife who has to get used to the country. We have only been here a week or so but we have done some gardening, been stung by nettles, snagged by brambles and enjoyed the sun... The highlight for me was starting to record UK Natural History again - today we had migrant hawker and common hawker dragonflies and hornet in the garden... NICE!!

The downside of all that moving about is that I have not been able to take that many pictures recently, and ones I have taken have been posted haphazardly on FACEBOOK; however there will be some to show here... Let's start with one from the dim and distant past...


An old landscape from 2001; taken with a Nikon F90X + Nikkor 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 lens.

We are lucky to have a working mill behind our house - I shall be doing some shots there in the coming weeks, but at the moment I have exterior shots...


Black & white conversion done in Lightroom...



Shadows made by the sails in low evening sun...



Great twilight - you don't get this light in the Gulf...

I have also been shooting some garden plant portraits (as I do)... these yellow compositae are in our garden...



Some more PP in Lightroom...


I really like this glow effect on the flowers...

We have also managed to have some days out - yesterday was to Hunstanton... more opportunities to take the Great British Public on Holiday...


Reading the paper...


Picnicking with a little one...


Riding on horses...


Tidying up... The people change but the behaviour is the same...


Blakeney, Norfolk... a great place to walk, enjoy the fresh air and play in mud...


Some people just like to sit and enjoy company...


...whilst others just sit...

Well that is about it for now... another will follow at the end of the week I hope... so I hope you all have a good week (what's left of it)...

We made it through...

Hope you did too..

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment